Study circle kit for use by community groups. Within communities people hold different views of the world developed from their own experiences.
Study circles provide a forum where these differences can be respected and learnt from to work towards a common goal.
Members of a study circle become familiar with how to work in this democratically responsible manner.
- The kit will assist groups to:
- Establish a study circle to focus on the future of the local community.
- Learn the skills that enable a disparate group to work co-operatively.
- Focus on achievable outcomes.
- Become leaders in determining futures of communities.
“It was a very good method of each individual learning to understand how groups work and it had very sound foundations.”
(Study group member, Sandy Point, 1999)